Char-Grilled Bavette with Chimichurri Sauce18th August 2018
Char-Grilled Bavette with Chimichurri Sauce
Bavette is a lovely cut of meat, it is a ‘working muscle’ which means more flavour. Also known as Skirt Steak. Give it a try, it’s quite a cost effective cut.
- 1 x 1kg piece of Bavette Steak
- Sea Salt and Pepper
- 125ml Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (I used a red Jalapeno, but you can use hotter chilli’s if you prefer)
- 100g Fresh Coriander – finely chopped
- 40g Fresh flat-leaf Parsley – Finely chopped
- 175ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
To make the Chimichurri Sauce, combine the red wine vinegar, salt, garlic, spring onions and chilli in a bowl and leave to sit for 10 minutes. Stir in the coriander, parsley and olive oil. You can also make in a blender, by blending the first 5 ingredients together, allowing to sit for 10 minutes then blending in the coriander and parsley. Stir in the olive oil (do not blend this or it will change the texture of the sauce).
Remove half of the chimichurri sauce and refrigerate. Use the remaining sauce to marinate the Bavette, by spreading the sauce over both sides of the meat and leaving in a dish or ziplock back for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Once the meat is cooked, remove from the grill and set aside to rest for at least 10 minutes. Carve into ½ cm slices, ensure you carve across the grain or the meat will be tough. Serve with the remaining Chimichurri Sauce and a fresh green salad.