Broccoli Slaw with Cranberries & Cashew Nuts19th August 2018
Broccoli Slaw with Cranberries & Cashew Nuts
This is a lovely light slaw the mixture of vegetables gives great interest and the celery seed, cranberry and cashew nuts add little bursts of flavour, sweetness and texture. It’s always a hit when I make it at gatherings.
- 250g Mayonnaise (use light mayo if you prefer)
- 100g Sweet onion relish
- 3 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- ½ small white cabbage – finely shredded
- ½ small red cabbage – finely shredded
- 4 large carrots – grated
- 1 head broccoli – chopped into small pieces
- 100g Dried Cranberries
- 100g Unsalted Cashew Nuts (roasted)
Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk lightly until you have a creamy dressing.
In a large bowl, mix together the prepared cabbage, carrots and broccoli, mix well.
Pour the dressing over the vegetable mixture and mix well, ensuring everything is well coated.
Top with the cashew nuts and dried cranberries and mix again before serving.
Leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.